Tagmarshal gains momentum at tournament level
Slow play in the professional game is rife, with a number of Tour professionals, including the likes of Matt Every, Paul Casey and Edoardo Molinari giving their opinions on the issue. There seems to be a consensus that there is a need for a better pace of play management on the professional circuits around the world.
While it’s clear that the major Tours are not prepared to regularly penalize players for slow play, most professional golfers acknowledge that it is a problem, but believe that there is not yet a solution to the age-old problem. PGA Tour pro, Paul Casey, earlier this year at the Wells Fargo Championship commented that: “It’s a combination of things and the problem is I don’t have a solution. Nobody has a solution and we’re kind of going around in circles. Part of it is set up and part of it is too many players.”
One of the solutions to improve pace of play management that is gaining traction in the US, Ireland, and the UK is Tagmarshal’s Tournament Track product. This platform gives golf tournament operators access to actionable insights into pace of play management, player and tournament performances and real-time tracking of results.
Tagmarshal recently had the opportunity to offer its services on a trial basis at The Womens Amateur Championship at Royal County Down and The Amateur Championship which took place at Portmarnock and The Island Golf Club. Tournament officials had full oversight of the entire field and they were able to effectively manage the flow and pace of play.
“We were delighted to be able to show the R&A tournament officials what our system could do,” said Duncan Cruickshank, who heads up marketing at Tagmarshal. “Feedback has been exceptionally positive and we are looking forward to supplying the tournament committees with the analytics from the data collected at both tournaments.”
Tournament Track helps optimize tournament efficiencies, provides in-depth analytics and puts field management at operators’ fingertips. Developed with input from professional golfers, Tournament Track is the leading tournament golf intelligence platform available today.
Golf tournament operators can achieve the following with Tournament Track:
- Save costs and reduce staff and volunteer requirements: Operational inefficiencies and large staff requirements cause a waste of resources and lost revenue. Tagmarshal’s unrivaled features eliminate these challenges and give hidden insights into untapped cost benefits.
- Pace tracking: The only system in the world that can provide round timing analytics, discern between delayed and slow players and create pace of play profiles for each player.
- Gap time management: Plays an integral role in successfully run tournaments. Provides tournament operators real-time insight into field pace management and gap time management between groups.
- Reports and analytics: Enables tournament operators to gain an extensive understanding by streaming pace tracking and course optimization data into custom reports and personalized dashboards.
- Player profiles: Provides tournament operators the power to have historical data and an analytical oversight of a player’s pace management, during tournaments as well as at a course level.
To find out more about Tagmarshal’s Tournament Track and how it works, book a free online demo with one of Tagmarshal’s Product Specialists, who will take you through the platform and introduce the various features available.
Tagmarshal is a golf course intelligence and pace-of-play management solution that turns pace into an asset. The system uses small “tags” clipped onto golf bags or installed on carts which transmit geolocation data. Industry-leading algorithms identify risk groups with accurate, objective support to alleviate pace challenges before they arise. Public, private and resort courses using Tagmarshal realize substantial returns on investments through improved on-course experiences achieved with less staff as well as increases in daily rounds. Impactful and easy-to-use data analytics, weather data integration and geo-fencing complete the offering.