A QUICK 9 WITH MICHAEL MURPHY – WATERVILLE GOLF LINKSReading Time: 2 minutes
Get to know Michael Murphy, golf course superintendent at Waterville Golf Links, one of Ireland’s top-ranked courses and a golf course truly representative of Ireland’s rich links golf scene.
1. What is your favorite Major to watch and why?
My favorite major is always the Open Championship – because it’s played on links courses, and the player who is the most creative with his shot-making generally comes out on top.
2. Who was your golf hero growing up?
3. If you could be a Professional Caddie on the PGA Tour, who would you like to caddie for and why?
Francesco Molinari -– he never hits off the fairway. I would never have to look for balls!
4. Has golf always been your first love? What other sports are you passionate about and do you participate in any other sports besides golf?
Golf is my first love, followed by the Gaelic sports – football and hurling, soccer and rugby.
5. Who’s the Slowest / Fastest player on Tour?
JB Holmes must be the slowest player on Tour, and Angel Cabrera has to be the fastest.
6. Why has your course decided to invest in Pace of Play?
Mainly to protect/ensure the optimum golf experience.
7. What are the top benefits about having technology to manage the field, efficiencies and the pace of play?
You can anticipate and then prevent a problem from happening.
8. How would you describe Tagmarshal in three words?
Efficient, proactive, accurate.
9. How responsive are Tagmarshal Customer Experience Agents to questions or concerns about our product?
Absolutely top drawer.
Tagmarshal is a golf course intelligence and pace-of-play management solution that turns pace into an asset. The system uses small “tags” clipped onto golf bags or installed on carts which transmit geolocation data. Industry-leading algorithms identify risk groups with accurate, objective support to alleviate pace challenges before they arise. Public, private and resort courses using Tagmarshal realize substantial returns on investments through improved on-course experiences achieved with less staff as well as increases in daily rounds. Impactful and easy-to-use data analytics, weather data integration and geo-fencing complete the offering.