While the overall state of the golf industry is trending in the right direction – due in part to the continued rise in rounds played, the increased traffic also creates some challenges when it comes to delivering the best player experience to members and guests and maintaining course conditioning.
In addition, there are high expectations from golfers, which falls on the shoulders of the golf course – and more specifically Golf Superintendents.
“According to the 2016 USGA research, 82% of golfers believe that course conditioning is crucial to their enjoyment on the course.”
Adding to the challenges faced by superintendents are the global supply-chain issues, creating fertilizer shortages, which has prompted prices to skyrocket. Labor shortages due to the Great Resignation have also impacted on the size of many maintenance teams, making smaller teams the norm for many operations.
All of these have a knock-on effect on course conditioning, operational efficiency, and the overall golfer experience at the facility. However, progressive golf operators have sought to implement changes to their courses, helping them to successfully operate in 2022. For many, optimization technology provides solutions.
As golf courses prepare for the upcoming season, Tagmarshal’s optimization technology can help by giving superintendents the tools to manage their golf maintenance more effectively and improve on-course operations – preventing any on-course issues and getting the best results with the budgets and resources they have available.
How Superintendents can benefit from Tagmarshal’s golf cart GPS maintenance solutions
With high volumes of on-course traffic placing additional pressure on courses to manage restricted sensitive areas due to additional wear and tear, as well as golfers’ frustrations with existing cart control features and more, on-course optimization serves a vital need.
Tagmarshal helps golf superintendents maximize resources and increase the quality and operation of the golf course and golf maintenance equipment, whether you are operating with smaller teams or not. Here are 5 ways superintendents can benefit from optimization:
- Access to live course usage and player movement
- Real-time view of all playing groups by Superintendents and maintenance staff
- Increase efficiency – get more work done, by identifying and using viable gaps in the field
- Reduce maintenance impact on the player experience
- Full line of sight & tracking of machinery & mowing sequences
- Full line of sight of maintenance teams and machinery
- View track maps of maintenance teams and machinery
- Tracking of mow patterns and sequences to optimize and improve efficiency, allowing smaller teams to achieve more, with less
- Heatmap visualization
- Assists in Identification of high wear and tear and compaction risk areas
- Data informs decision making on-course protection
- Provides insights for hole, cart path and other course adjustments
- Save on fertilizer and Irrigations as you can identify the areas that benefit the most from maintenance
- Geofence compliance
- Protect turf and sensitive areas of courses
- Hold players accountable for breaches and compliance
- Template-based flexibility: choose days and times of day the geofences need to be active
- Choose different priority levels for geofences
- Receive alerts in the system, via email, text message or automated emergency call
- Geofence Buzzer
- Effective and efficient geofence compliance
- Geofence buzzer emits a loud warning sound when carts exit the designated cart path or enter a restricted area
- Player-friendly – less frustration
- Easy to manage and install/retrofit to fleets – plus, suitable for private carts
Tagmarshal optimizes on-course golf operations and golf maintenance, driving efficiency and revenue, and enhancing player experiences, giving operators real-time full operation line of sight and reporting to manage course traffic and flow effectively.
For more information about how Tagmarshal can help superintendents to optimize course maintenance, or to schedule a live demo, please email email@example.com or visit www.tagmarshal.com/demo, or calculate the impact of optimization at your course, with our FREE ROI and Quote calculator – in just 3 easy steps https://www.tagmarshal.com/products-pricing/
Tagmarshal, the market leader in on-course optimization technology, provides courses with full, real-time operational oversight and reporting, giving golf operators the tools to manage operations effectively, resulting in enhanced player experiences, increased efficiency, cost savings and additional revenue.
Tagmarshal’s technology has collected over 1 billion data points from over 25 million rounds of golf and has relationships with over 400 partners. Tagmarshal partners with several golf management groups, private, daily fee, public and resort courses, including 30 of the Top 100 US courses, as well as many $30-$50 green fee courses.
To find out what impact Tagmarshal’s on-course optimization technology will have at your course, calculate the return on investment (ROI) that your operation can achieve here: www.tagmarshal.com/ROI. Visit www.tagmarshal.com/demo or email firstname.lastname@example.org, to book a live demo or a meeting with our friendly team.