A QUICK 9 WITH ANDREW HEDRICK – COUNTRY CLUB AT CASTLE PINESReading Time: 2 minutes
Located south of Denver, Colorado the Country Club at Castle Pines is the premier private country club in the region. The award-winning Jack Nicklaus Signature course provides unmatched golf and social experience.
Get to know Andrew Hedrick, PGA Head Professional of the country club, who tells us why Castle Pines has chosen pace of play management software to aid field flow as an experience game changer.
- What was your favorite Major to watch this year and why?
The Masters. The field, the venue, and the overall viewing experience is special and unique.
- Who’s the Slowest / Fastest player on tour??
Slowest – it used to be Ben Crane and then Kevin Na. It very well could be Patrick Cantlay now. Fastest – Dustin Johnson.
- If you could be a caddie on Tour, whose caddie would you like to be and why?
Dustin Johnson for multiple and obvious reasons…
- Has golf always been your first love? What other sports/team are you a fan of?
There’s only one team to root for and that is the Denver Broncos.
- Where does Pace of Play rank as an industry priority? Top 3?
Absolutely the Top 3. In fact, we hosted a USGA Agronomy course tour recently and the USGA representative talked specifically about course design, setup, and tee box selection as some of the key factors in relation to Pace of Play.
- Why has your course decided to invest in Pace of Play?
The ability to track groups, the creation of profiles and the ability to have the information in real time as it’s happening has become a powerful and impactful tool for our operation.
- What operational efficiencies have you identified and maximized on since Tagmarshal implementation?
Due to the topography and distance in between holes, we now have the ability to identify the root cause and head directly to that part of the course versus driving the entire course and looking for the cause.
- How would you describe Tagmarshal in three words?
Highly efficient asset.
- How responsive our Customer Experience Agents have been to questions or concerns about our product?
We typically receive a response within the day if not sooner with an understanding of what has occurred and a description of the solution, which is greatly appreciated.
Tagmarshal is a golf course intelligence and pace-of-play management solution that turns pace into an asset. The system uses small “tags” clipped onto golf bags or installed on carts which transmit geolocation data. Industry-leading algorithms identify risk groups with accurate, objective support to alleviate pace challenges before they arise. Public, private and resort courses using Tagmarshal realize substantial returns on investments through improved on-course experiences achieved with less staff as well as increases in daily rounds. Impactful and easy-to-use data analytics, weather data integration and geo-fencing complete the offering.