AWS Developer (Intermediate-Senior)
City Centre – Cape Town | South Africa
Why work for Tagmarshal:
Opportunity to join a dynamic, innovative, investor-backed, globally operating, growth-stage tech company, offering exciting opportunities and challenges.
Tagmarshal is changing the world of Golf Operations through data and has developed leading traction in the USA, Europe, Canada, the UK and South Africa. We are looking for a new team member who adds value to our development and product team. Our unique team is accountable, keen to learn and executes results and plans within their focus.
- Must have
- API Gateway
- SQS FIFO
- Query Router
- MongoDB Sharded Clusters
- Load Testing
- Agile, Scrum
Current Product Overview:
- Web App is written in PHP
- API is written in Node.js
- Android App
- Ability to digest and understand the existing architecture of the relevant product
- Advise (alongside lead architect) on the best way/practices of moving the existing product onto AWS
- Setup (alongside a team) the relevant product in AWS
- Work in partnership with an outsource lead architect while moving the product to AWS services.
- Maintain and improve the product in AWS
- Management of MongoDB sharded clusters
- Development (alongside a team) of new features in AWS product
- Proactively keep to date with AWS updates & product offerings
- Proactively suggest AWS system improvements
- Upskilling the development team in AWS
- A focus for this product from 2023 will be a move towards machine learning; this position will play a significant role in setting up, maintaining and improving this functionality of the product. Therefore, the person who takes this role must be willing to upskill themselves (along with the team) in this area of expertise.
Product Development, Learning & Growth
- Learn daily and be part of a team that works on the following:
- Identify opportunities for further product enhancement in line with market demands and opportunities
- Actively partake in research and development on future technology and solutions opportunities for the company
- Actively partake in solutions architecture planning, scale architecture planning, technology strategy planning and execution.
- Identify and recommend strategies to maximise client satisfaction and product usage.
- Ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect improvements in the software application, business objectives and any development within the company
- Driven and self-motivated
- Outcomes driven – challenges: take the initiative to identify solutions to problems and own the fix process.
- Outcomes driven – opportunities: identify opportunities for process or product improvements to bring further value to the market
- Function as a member of a team that moves quickly and prides itself on quality
- Interest in learning within a dynamic environment
- Organised and meticulous
- Strong ability to maintain deadlines without sacrificing the quality of work
- Accountability towards all stakeholders and partners – both internal and external
- Identify areas of improvement
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving skills and the ability and drive to see a task through from start to end
Please send us your CV
Opportunity: Intermediate-Senior AWS Developer
Location: City Centre, Cape Town
Start date – 1 March 2022
Remuneration: In line with industry-related experience
SEND YOUR CV TO CAREERS@TAGMARSHAL.COM
Tagmarshal, the market leader in on-course optimization technology, provides courses with full, real-time operational oversight and reporting, giving golf operators the tools to manage pace and flow of play effectively, resulting in enhanced player experiences, increased efficiency through automation, and additional revenue generation.
Tagmarshal’s technology has collected over 1 billion data points from more than 30 million rounds of golf and has relationships with in excess of 500 partners, including Hazeltine, Whistling Straits, Baltusrol, Fieldstone, Bandon Dunes, Serenoa and Erin Hills.
Tagmarshal partners with several golf management groups, private, daily fee, public and resort courses, including 35 of the Top 100 US courses, as well as many $30-$50 green fee courses, which are seeing excellent results using the system.